Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sleep deprived

Well, Colby got his first sickness. I took him to the Dr. on the 16th because he had been sick for a week He was coughing and had a runny nose. He'd sneeze and there would be an explosion. He had been getting better all week. I took him in because it never went away completely. He had been waking up crying every 1-2 hours. His eyes would stay closed but, he couldn't sleep because he couldn't breathe well. I had been giving him Tylenol cold and cough too. He weighed 15 lbs, 5oz and was 25 in long. They said he had an ear infection. So, he has an antibiotic for a 10 days and another med for the cough. That was Monday that I took him in. Tues. and Wed, he slept 6 hours straight. He was back to his old happy self. Well, Thurs. night was different. He did not go to sleep at all. Everything was going like normal. I fed him and he was in is bed by 9:00. Up by 9:30 crying. I nursed him a little more. He stopped crying but wouldn't go back to sleep. I put him in his crib with the mobile on. Hoping to get at least some sleep and that he may possibly put himself to sleep. Nope, he was crying by 11:00. DH got up with him. He never went back to sleep. I nursed him every 1.5 hours. All he wanted to do was cry. We rocked him, walked with him. Tried the swing which he falls asleep in sometimes now, the bouncy, play mat, a different room. Nothing worked. I fed him at 5:00 and he dozed off for 10 min. Then he woke up OK enough for us to get ready for work. I fed him again at 6:00 and left. He fell asleep in the car. When we got to daycare, he woke up. She said he didn't even fall asleep after I left which he normally does. He had his regular schedule with naps and eating with her. He didn't take an evening nap with me. Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't. Last night he was up every 1-2 hours again. I fed him at 3:00. He fell asleep in the swing at about 5 when Rowdy got up for work. So, I went in the bed. I came on the couch at about 5:45 when he left. Colby was still sleeping. He woke up at about 8:00. So I got about 2.5 hours of sleep.


I think this is the day he got sick. I took him to a B-day party. It was hot outside. I mainly kept him inside though. I think the change in temp may have done it.

No comments: