Monday, August 31, 2009

me

I have not been doing to good lately. Insomnia has kicked in. When Brady/Colby are actually sleeping, I can't manage to fall asleep. My mind is just racing about any and everything. I looked up post pardom depression and I do have some of the signs. Not depressed or wanting to hurt someone or myself. Just insomnia, headaches, anxiety, stress. I don't know if all of this is due to lack of sleep or if ppd is causing it. I went to my chiropractor and she suggested progesterone cream, flax oil and fish oil. She said my levels are most likely out of wack. So, I'll try the natural stuff before talking to the Dr. She said I need to take care of me so I can take care of them. I also got a ocean sounds cd to replace the white noise (static) one. along with lavender lotion and a sleep mask to block out the light. I used it for 2 nights. of course last night you can't count because of Colby. He decided not to go to bed till after 1:30 so I was up most of that time too.

1 comment:

squirrelgirl said...

I experienced a lot of what you're feeling with Katherine. I doubled my fish oil and took a B-complex supplement, and that seemed to help a lot. Good luck, I hope things improve soon.