Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bottle Problems

Well, after all the problems I had with Colby wanting the bottle over the breast in the beginning, I stopped giving him the bottle. The last time was Good Friday. Well, now that I'm going back to work. I wanted to get him used to the bottle again. Who knew how hard that would be. We've been trying for about a week now. He cries and cries. We tried getting a different bottle too. They say that he most likely won't take it from me because he'll smell me and want to nurse. Melanie has gotten him to do it a couple of times. He took 5 oz with her yesterday. He has taken a little bit from me too. He won't take it from Rowdy though. I really want him to. That way he can feed him during the night sometimes too when I go back to work. Rowdy can't calm him when he's fussy either.

The rocking him right away when he cries seems to be working. He normally goes to sleep. Problem is getting him to stay down to nap. Yesterday he wore up screaming in his bassinet. He never screams at night. I know my sitter won't be able to rock him all day. It really worries me that she'll have to call me to pick him up because of his screaming.

It's hard for me to pump during the day and get other things done. I don't want to pump and him not take it. Then I won't have anything left to nurse him. When someone else does it, I can pump more if he seems to want it. That way I know I won't need it to nurse with.

No comments: