Sunday, June 3, 2007

Daycare

Well, I went back to work on Wednesday. I cried before I left, on the way there and on my way to work. People kept asking about him. I told them I didn't want to talk too much about him because I'd miss him more. I'm not ready to put pictures of him at my desk yet either. I did not call the sitter to check on him. I didn't want to call and hear him crying. I was so worried that he would give her a hard time and she'd have to let him cry. So, I called her on my way there. If he was almost ready to eat, I wanted her to hold off so I could nurse him. She told me he was sleeping. When I got there, she said he was very good. I had fed him at 5:30. He ate again at 7:30, 10:30 and 1:30. He took about an hour nap between feedings. She just had to rock him a little bit and he fell asleep. She put him down and he looked at her and went back to sleep. He took 4 oz at a time. She had to feed him in another room. He would get distracted by the other kids. The next 2 days, he kept the same schedule. Those days weren't as bad because I knew he was OK the first day. She thought he was sleeping when I picked him up Friday. She went in the room and he was just playing. I hope it keeps up. He barely even cried after I got him home. I got out the shower and he was being good for Rowdy. I can't remember the last time that happened.

He has only been waking up once at night. He goes down between 8:45 and 9:45. Wakes up between 1:00 and 3:00. I stopped writing it down so I'm not sure. But, he goes back to bed after. Then again between 4:45 and 5:15. I actually woke him up Friday so I could feed him at 5:30 before I dropped him off. I think Thursday he woke up on his own. But, I gave him to Rowdy and he fell back asleep. Rowdy gets up at 5:00. I try to start getting ready from 5:15 and 5:30 while he changes him and plays with him. Then I feed him and Rowdy gets ready. Oh, I make a pb&j sandwich the night before to eat at work for breakfast. In the morning, basically all I have to do is brush my teeth, put clothes on, straighten my hair and pack everything up. I play with him for a little bit and leave by 6:15 and drop him off at 6:30. I get to work at 7:00. Like I said, everything is working out perfect. Since she feeds him at 1:30, he's ready to eat when I get home by 4:30. But, after that, he wants to eat every 2 hours. I don't know why he goes longer between with the bottle. I think he may be bored at home. He likes story time over there. They keep him more occupied and wear him out so he takes better naps. I tried the same schedule for this weekend. But, it didn't work. He wasn't even waking up at the right time. But, that's OK. Hopefully he stays on schedule during the week. I want to go back to the chiropractor. But, tat will make him need another bottle before I pick him up.

I'm pumping 1-2 oz short of what he eats during the day. It may get even harder because I'm using my old boss' office right now. I'm even eating my lunch in there so I can pump the whole time. When they get a replacement, I will need to find another place. Either the bathroom (who wants to eat in there) or in the nursery. Either way, it will take more time to get there and that means less time to pump.

No comments: