Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's been awhile

I guess I need to catch up on things. On 6-14 I started having major sinus problems. At the same time, Colby started waking up twice night. I'd say about every 2 hours. He had only been waking up once. Then he started waking up every 2 hours. Not good with me having what I believe to be a sinus infection. I can't take much for it since I'm breastfeeding. People kept telling me to start him on cereal. Dr. Brooke said I could start that at 3 months. Well, Sunday, I decided to see if his gums were swollen. I thought he might be teething because of the hands always in the mouth and the sleeping issues. Well, I went to check before feeding him and he had a fit. I finally calmed him down after walking with him. After I nursed him I tried to check again. This time he let me. I found something white and hard. But, I couldn't believe it could be a tooth. I asked his sitter the next morning and she confirmed it was. Not only was he teething but, he had a tooth. The one on the side looked to be fixing to come out. I really had no tclue about this because he never complained about it. He's been really happy! I tried to get a picture of it. But, you really can't see it.We did try to give him cereal with a spoon. But, it is so watery, it just comes right back out. So, we tried to put it in a bottle. Get this...he will not take a bottle from me or Rowdy. I didn't think it would be a problem anymore since he takes it from daycare with no problems. I wanted to go out tonight with Melanie. Nope, Rowdy won't be able to feed him. We tried for about a week. So, fine, forget the cereal thing to help him sleep better. It's probably the teeth keeping him up anyway. We can just wait till he can take it with a spoon. But, being sick and waking up so often then going to work was exhausting. Rowdy would like to give me a much needed break. I think I'm finally starting to feel better today. But, he woke up every 2 hours again last night.

No comments: