Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Birth Story

Night before delivery. Last pregnant belly shot ever!




Brady James

6-25-09

7:53 AM

8 lbs 8 oz

21.5 inches long


The night before delivery was rough. I had to use a surgical prep wipe stuff. It made my legs itch all night. Could have been because i shaved before. Then the neighbor decided to use power tools till after 10:30. Then I had to get up at 3:45 to get ready to go. I arrived at the hospital's admit department at 5:00. Went to L&D and they asked me all kinds of questions. They blew 2 IVs and called one of our CRNA's to get it. They agreed to not start the catheter until the epidural was started. Dr. Hamby got there and I asked her to check how dilated I was. I had been having some painful contractions since getting there. I was only a 1. They had been telling me my roll back time would be 7. Working in Anesthesia, we knew better. That it would be closer to 8. Well Rowdy dropped off Colby and got there at 7 and my CRNA said they were getting ready to roll. I guess some things do happen on time sometimes. So, off to the OR we went. Got the epidural started. It really didn't hurt. I was crying though. They kept telling me not to more. I was afraid I was and would mess him up. But they said I did good. Several people asked me if I was sure about the BTL. I was like, yes already! Unlike Colby, I remember it's a boy and him crying. I told him Happy Birthday just like I did with Colby. He came out kicking and screaming. He was actually crying before he was even all the way out. Dr Hemelt said OK here comes the next one. So, I got them back after the BTL, I told them I changed my mind. They didn't think it was funny. The epidural was great. I didn't feel any tugging at all this time. He even warned me I may be fixing to feel something. A little later I asked is this where I may be feeling something? He said oh, we're passed that, the uterus is back in. Ii did have a shaking in my arm the whole time though. Oh, they made me drink this stuff before going to the OR. NASTY! Even worse when it came back up too! But, I won't hold that against Robert, it happened with Colby too. He didn't even have to give me some of the drugs they normally do since I wasn't hurting. They thought there may have been some scar tissue due to the previous surgery. But, there wasn't. Also, there was a higher risk of blood loss due to the anterior placenta. But, that didn't happen either. Everything went great. I did get nauseous on the way to and at first in recovery. But, it passed quick and was probably due to the movement. Again no extra drugs. I was in recovery for like 1.5 hours waiting to feel my legs. That is longer than normal. I remember it all too. Just talking to Cindy and all . But, forget remembering anything after the Toradol shot. I know Rowdy came in for a little while before I got it. Oh, Dr. Brooke came in too. He said Brady looked fine and that "that baby does not have Down's". So, they rolled me to my room where Rowdy was waiting. Shortly after my Mom, Mel, Curry and Mrs. Pat got there. Then they brought Brady in. Everyone visited but, I don't remember much of it. Then they all left followed by Rowdy leaving. He went home showered and Ate. Then he went get Colby and came back to the hospital with him. Then Mom and Carrie's crew came back that night. Oh, the air conditioner was not working right most of the time. They finally fixed it the last night. I was already having hormonal flashes and that didn't help. I kept telling people but, no one ever got the right person to come till then. Everyone would say did you tell anyone. On Sat morning a Dr. came in and said so, Dr. Hamby said you wanted to go home a day early today. I was like, I don't remember saying that. But, if Brady is OK then yea. I could've told her that it was my B-day Sunday and it would be nice not to be there. So, he got circumcised and we left. They said he did have jaundice so we needed to follow up on Monday. Also, his weight had dropped to 7.12. The jaundice was making him very sleepy. The nurse said to feed him every 2 hours instead of 3. I wasn't feeding him on a schedule, just on demand when he seemed hungry. I didn't want to do like I did with Colby and wake him up or not feed him if it wasn't "time".

1 comment:

squirrelgirl said...

Awww! I'm glad everybody's good. Beautiful pics of you and Brady, too. Congrats!